Market Square Park
Houston, TX 77002
Market Square Park is at long last being reclaimed as the bustling center of downtown Houston’s Historic District.
The new park is a true neighborhood space, anchored by a central lawn where more than one City Hall once stood. A crescent-shaped dog run on the park’s west side gives the canine contingent an attractive and active place to let loose. A beautifully lit fence and walkway arc through the park and provides insight to the history of the area. And if you’re hungry, check out Houston classic Niko Niko’s, where you’ll find delightfully shady, outdoor seating, a plaza for performances and classic Greek and American favorites. Take a quiet moment in Lauren’s Garden, a memorial that honors Lauren Catuzzi Grandcolas – a passenger on United Flight 93. With its flowing water, beautiful sculpture, seasonal flowers and leafy trees, the garden memorializes all lost on September 11.
Open daily from 6 a.m. to 11 p.m.
Niko Niko's Market Square is open daily from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. and later for events
- Niko Niko's Market Square0.02 miles
- Chicken Kitchen 0.04 miles
- J. Putty's Pizza0.04 miles
- La Carafe 0.06 miles
- Henke & Pillot0.06 miles
- Market Square Bar & Grill 0.07 miles
- Hotel Icon0.12 miles
- The Lancaster0.15 miles
- The Sam Houston Hotel0.25 miles
- Market Square B-cycle Station0.03 miles
- Chase Bank 0.04 miles
- Design by Dorli0.04 miles
- Jones Plaza0.19 miles
- Allen's Landing on Buffalo Bayou0.21 miles
- Championship Park0.28 miles