Houston, TX 77002
Since the opening of Jones Hall in 1966, millions of arts patrons have enjoyed countless stage and musical performances at the venue.
Dominating an entire city block, Jones Hall is stunning with its curving travertine marble facade, an exterior rectangle of eight-story columns, and a brilliantly lit grand entrance. The classically elegant interior dazzles visitors.
Jones Hall is a monument to the memory of Jesse Holman Jones, a towering figure in Houston during the first half of the 20th century. Before his death in 1956, it was Jones' expressed wish to see that Houston had a new opera house. Jones Hall would become his lasting gift to the City. Jones Hall was built on the same location as its predecessor, the old City Auditorium, which was demolished in the summer of 1963. Construction of the new facility began in January 1964. The entire $7.4 million construction tab was paid for by Houston Endowment Inc., a foundation established by the building's namesake. Jesse H. Jones Hall for the Performing Arts was accepted as a gift to the City in civic ceremonies on October 2, 1966.
Brilliant planning by the building architects offers unparalleled versatility, enabling Jones Hall to accommodate several art forms. Overhead, 800 hexagons create a moveable marvel that can be raised or lowered to regroup volumes, alter the physical circumstances of a room, and manipulate acoustics. The auditorium can literally to shrink from 2,911 seats to 2,300. The ambience of the hall is enhanced with its vibrant red velvet seating, golden teak walls and a sweeping loge that seems to reach for the stage.
Jones Hall is managed by Houston First Corporation, Dawn Ullrich, president, and Vivian Montejano, building manager.
- Encore Cafe at Jones Hall0.02 miles
- Perbacco 0.05 miles
- Bistro Lancaster0.05 miles
- Sambuca 0.12 miles
- Lawless Spirits & Kitchen0.14 miles
- Sunny's Bar0.14 miles
- The Lancaster0.05 miles
- JW Marriott Houston Downtown0.18 miles
- Historic Market Square0.23 miles
- IFLY, The Angler's Edge0.07 miles
- Gateway Newsstand0.07 miles
- R. Rose Clothier, Inc.0.07 miles
- Jones Plaza0.06 miles
- Fish Plaza0.14 miles
- Tranquillity Park0.19 miles
- SHOPS + SERVICES
- 24 Hour Data10% Off at 24 Hour Data
- EVENT VENUES
- Heritage SocietyBOGO Admission for Historic Homes Tour
- The Bishop John E. Hines Center for Spirituality and PrayerUnlimited Yoga & Movement Sessions
- The Rice1 Month of Free Rent at The Rice
- RECREATION + FITNESS
- Instep Pilates3 Private Sessions at Instep Pilates for $150