Below are some FAQs:
1. How will Enforcement Officers know that I've paid? Will my payment show on the meter? While your payment will not show on the meter, the parking enforcement officer will use your license plate number, zone number, and space number (where applicable) to view your Parkmobile payment on a handheld device. As such, please make sure to add any additional license plate numbers to your account before creating a parking session in order to make sure your parking transactions are correctly created. It is critical to input the correct information so enforcement can see your payment.
2. What are zone numbers? Zone numbers are a critical part of your transaction and must be recorded correctly in order for your parking session to be identified correctly by the parking enforcement officers. Zone numbers vary by lot or meter. You MUST identify your Parkmobile zone number from the green Parkmobile signage located in your parking lot.
3. Can I pay by calling Parkmobile instead of using the app? Yes, the Parkmobile toll-free phone number to reach the automated system to register and/or start or extend your parking sessions is: 877-727-5953 (877 PARK 953). If you are parking in downtown Houston, TX and call any other Parkmobile phone number you will be at risk parking in a zone in the wrong geographical area and the parking officers in your area wouldn't see your parking payment in that case.
4. What payment methods are accepted? The payment methods accepted in your area are: PayPal, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express
5. Can transactions in zones in this area be stopped? Extended? Why or why not? You can not stop a session once started. You must select the amount of time you want in advance and pay for that time with your credit card. If you chose more time than you needed, you will not be able to stop the session or get a refund. You are able to extend your parking time, if you see that you need more than the amount you initially paid for, as long as you haven't already chosen the maximum allowed. In order to extend a transaction it must still be active and not yet expired.